My policy covers
- Why I value your privacy
- What information I hold
- Where I store your information
- What I use your information for
- Who’s responsible for your information at my company
- Who has access to information about you
- The steps I take to keep your information private
Why I value your privacy
I value your privacy as much as I do my own, so I’m committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. I'm uncomfortable with the information companies, governments, and other organisations keep on file, so I ask for only the bare minimum from my customers. I’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and I’ll never give anyone access to it unless I’re forced to by law.
How I collect information
I ask for contact information including your name, email address, and phone number, on my website so that I can reply to your enquiry.
Occasionally, I might receive your contact information from one of my partners. If I do, I protect it in exactly the same way as if you give it to me directly.
What information I hold
- When you contact me by email or through my website, I collect your name, email address, phone number, a social media username, and the company you work for, if you’ve given me that.
- If you sign up for a newsletter or to my VIP Club, I only collect your email address.
- When you buy something from me, I collect your name, email address, phone number, and a delivery address.
- If you do business with me, I also collect your business name and bank details and keep records of the invoices I send you and the payments you make.
Where I store your information
If you sign up for a newsletter, I store your email address in MailChimp, which is the marketing platform I prefer and if we do business, I store your information in my online accounts software Freeagent. I chose these systems partly for their commitment to security.
What I use your information forI occasionally use your contact information to send you details of my products and services. When I do, you have the option to unsubscribe from these communications and I won’t send them to you again. I might also email or phone you about my products and services, but if you tell me not to, I won’t get in touch again. I will use your information to send you invoices, statements, or reminders.
Who’s responsible for your information at my company
Dave Harrison, the owner and principal, is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact me by email at [email protected] or by phone on +44 (0)7914457924 if you have any concerns about the information I store.
Who has access to information about you
When I store information in my own systems, only I have access.
The steps I take to keep your information private
Where I store your information in third-party services, I restrict access only to people who need it. I store passwords in an encrypted password manager, use a different, randomly generated password for each service, and never use the same password twice.
The computers I use are all encrypted using File Vault and are protected by a passcode or fingerprint access. These computers ask for authentication whenever they’re started or after 5 minutes of inactivity. Our mobile devices are also protected by a fingerprint or facial recognition.
How to complain
[email protected] or by phone on +44 (0)7914457924. If you’re the letter writing type, send your envelope to daveharrison.net, 8 Waveney Avenue, Ballymena, County Antrim, BT43 5AZ, UK
Changes to the policy
If I change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment I publish them on my website.